The Nebraska Truck Driving Championships is a statewide competition for professional heavy truck drivers who maintain accident-free driving records. The three-day event is organized by the Nebraska Trucking Association and hosted at Fonner Park in Grand Island, Nebraska.
The event highlights the best professional truck drivers in the state of Nebraska. Truck driving competitors demonstrate knowledge, talent, and skills which focus on what it takes to be a safe truck driver on our streets and highways across America.
The Chief Carriers family had a strong show of support for their four truck driving competitors at this year’s Nebraska Truck Driving Championships.
The Nebraska Truck Driving Championships in Grand Island, Nebraska are divided into four phases:
- Written test covering safety regulations and trucking industry facts.
- Vehicle inspection where truck drivers identify defects.
- Interview with a law enforcement officer.
- Truck driving skills test in the following classes.
• Straight truck with class A, B, or C license
• Three-, four- & five-axle sleeper berth, and five-axle flatbed driver with a Class A license
• Five-axle tank driver needs class A license with N or X endorsements
• Twin trailers driver with a Class A license with T endorsement
• Step van driver can be a CDL or non-CDL license
• Concrete mixer driver with class B license
First Competitive Truck Driving Team in 15 Years
Chief Carriers, a best fleets to drive for carrier, fielded its first competition team in 15 years. Four drivers from Chief Carriers competed in the flatbed division. Three of the four drivers were first-time competitors. Michael Lovitt took 2nd place and Richard Svitak took 3rd place. All competitors did extremely well in this year’s event.“Our drivers at Chief Carriers that participated, competed their hearts out! Makes me happy to know I work with such great truck drivers and people. “Thank You” guys for trusting me and doing this. Looking forward to many more years of competition with you all!” Brett Kleier, Safety Manager
Our Drivers, at Chief Carriers, competed their hearts out! ~ Brett Kieier, Safety Manager at Chief Carriers