GRAND ISLAND, Neb., Feb. 01, 2022 –(CHIEF CARRIERS) The Best Fleets to Drive For have been announced! The Truckload Carriers Association in conjunction with CarriersEdge announced the Top 20 Fleets to drive for. The Top 20 winners are comprised of for-hire trucking companies from across North America that are being recognized for providing exemplary work environments for their truck drivers and employees.
To be considered for the Best Fleets program, companies operating 10 or more trucks had to receive a nomination from one of their company drivers or owner-operators. The fleets were then evaluated using a scoring matrix covering a variety of categories, including total compensation, health benefits, performance management, professional development, and career path/advancement opportunities, among other criteria. Driver surveys were also conducted to collect input from drivers and independent contractors working with the fleets.
Chief Carriers, for the second year in a row, was named a finalist. “We’re all in the people business and transportation just happens to be the service we offer. As a business leader, once you understand that, it allows you to focus on investing your time and efforts into our most important assets, our people. The Best Fleets to Drive For is a platform that continues to push our industry forward through innovation.” Said, General Manager Andrew Winkler.
The Best Fleets to Drive For is a platform that continues to push our industry forward through innovation.
The 2022 Top 20 Best Fleets to Drive For finalists are:
- American Central Transport – Kansas City, Missouri
- Brenny Specialized, Inc. – Saint Joseph, Minnesota
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc. – Cambridge, Ontario
- Chief Carriers, Inc. – Grand Island, Nebraska
- Continental Express, Inc. – Sidney, Ohio
- Decker Truck Line, Inc. – Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Erb Transport – New Hamburg, Ontario
- Fortigo Freight Services Inc. – Etobicoke, Ontario
- Fremont Contract Carriers, Inc. – Fremont, Nebraska
- Garner Trucking, Inc. – Findlay, Ohio
- K&J Trucking, Inc. – Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Landstar Transportation Logistics, Inc. – Jacksonville, Florida
- Leonard’s Express – Farmington, New York
- Liberty Linehaul Inc. – Ayr, Ontario
- Thomas E. Keller Trucking Inc. – Defiance, Ohio
- TLD Logistics Services, Inc. – Knoxville, Tennessee
- TransLand – Strafford, Missouri
- TransPro Freight Systems Limited – Milton, Ontario
- Veriha Trucking, Inc. – Marinette, Wisconsin
- Wellington Group of Companies – Aberfoyle, Ontario